Life is not easy. Especially when you are in a family of invisible illnesses and disabilities. It can be serious, funny and downright hard! But we make it. Just like everyone else. We just do it in a different style.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Day After

Surely, by now, everyone like myself, would like to NOT see Obama's name plastered all over the place any longer. I couldn't bring myself to write a post yesterday. I twittered 150 words and left it at that.

For one, it was just too emotional. Human beings get this happy and show such spontaneous pride and joy on so few occasions. It was D.C turned into Disneyland with everyone smiling and feeling good and safe. How surreal in such a place. It was truly a party atmosphere. I could feel it even through MSNBC bland commentary.

Secondly, watching elderly black people look out onto the scene with almost disbelief was more than I could stand. These people remember not so kindly days. As one retired Tuskegee airman put it, back then, after WWII, the idea of a black president was so "far fetched," that the thought never entered his mind. And there he was, seated like a dignitary, staring in what looked like utter inability to believe his own eyes. He had lived to see the day.

The final reason I wish it would die down some is that the country is in quite a mess, and we, yes I wrote, we, have a lot of work to do. The President and Congress have laws and initiatives to produce. There are investigations that have to be launched in the financial debacle that has overtaken our investment industry. There are wars to slowly pull out of and jobs upon jobs to create. Retiring people have no pensions. People are still losing their homes. High school graduates face a smaller job market and dwindling funds for higher education.

And, I have to get back to doing my part; finishing my education, so I can add to the talent needed to keep this country No. 1; continuing to raise my two children to be sound citizens, who are the future of this country; and contributing in anyway I can to make sure Obama can do what is necessary to "remake" America.

So, this is the only spot you will hear of me talking about him (he is gorgeous in a tux!), his wife's dress (you go, girl!) and his kids (Malia and Sashs look positively angelic!). After this, it is time to get back to work. I have a headcold and two homework ssignments due tomorrow. After all, it is the day after the biggest party in America, and life goes on.